LAZ Parking Permit Agreement: Rules and Regulation
THE PERMIT HOLDER MUST BE THE REGISTERED OWNER OF THE VEHICLE. Permits are considered self-managed accounts. It is the sole responsibility of the permit holder to ensure compliance with established rules and regulations.
- Permits must be displayed on the rear-view mirror and clearly visible through the front windshield at all times while vehicle is parked on the premises.
- Permits are valid only at the station indicated on the permit.
- If you need to use a different vehicle that is not registered on your permit account, you should email the Customer Service Department at email@example.com before parking on the premises. Failure to do so may result in being issued a Parking Notice for non-compliance.
- Permit holders are not authorized to park in metered spaces. Permit holders who park in metered spaces will be issued a Parking Notice for non-compliance.
- Permit holders may register a second vehicle upon payment of the appropriate fee, however only one vehicle listed on a permit can utilize a permit space at any given time (the second vehicle may be used as an alternate but will be required to pay for a meter space if both are parked at the same time). If both vehicles are parked in permit parking simultaneously, a parking notice will be issued to both vehicles.
- Permits are NOT automatically transferrable. Permit holders are responsible for transferring permits between authorized/registered vehicles. Any transfer of permits between vehicles other than those registered is strictly prohibited. Permit holders are responsible for keeping permit and vehicle information up to date.
- Permits must be renewed prior to the expiration date. Permits that are NOT renewed before the expiration date will automatically be cancelled. Reapplication is required for all cancelled permits. Customers who reapply after a location is sold out will be put on a waiting list in the order in which their applications were received and notified when additional permits become available. If you are a permit holder at a Waitlisted Station it is essential that you renew before the expiration date, so that you don’t lose your permit and are put at the END of the waiting list.
- PERMIT HOLDERS WHO WANT TO CANCEL AFTER 4/1/22 MUST NOTIFY THE CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE IN ORDER TO RECEIVE A REFUND FOR UNUSED PARKING. Prorated refunds for unused permit parking will be issued 30 days from the notice of cancellation for 12-month 6-month, and 3-month permit holders only. No exceptions.
- At certain Metro-North stations, the demand for permit parking exceeds the number of permit spaces available. Customers who submit permit parking applications after a location is sold out will be put on a waiting list in the order in which their application was received and notified when additional permits become available.
- Individuals using the parking facilities are required to follow all posted rules and regulations including any signage instructions of the Operator and/or Metro-North Railroad. Failure to adhere to all rules and regulations, and signage instructions will result in fines up to and including having your vehicle booted or towed (at permit holder’s expense).
- A Permit Parking Agreement is a personal license of the holder of a permit to park a designated vehicle at a particular facility at the permit holder’s sole risk. Only a license is granted hereby, and no bailment is created with respect to any vehicle, including its contents while on the premises. It is the sole responsibility of the permit holder to lock their vehicle and remove personal items. In the event of an emergency, please contact the MTA Police at (888) 682-9117.
- Metro-North Railroad and LAZ Parking are not responsible for any loss and/or damage by fire, theft, collision or any other cause to any vehicle, or part thereof or the contents of any vehicle.
- Payments received for Parking Notices are non-refundable. Disputes must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to payment being made for the notice.
- Parking rules and regulations are subject to change at the discretion of Metro-North Railroad and LAZ Parking at any time without notice.