Help | Frequently Asked Questions
Click on any of the questions below to reveal the answer. You can also use the search bar in the main navigation to search the entire website.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to contact LAZ Parking customer support directly.
General Parking Questions
Is there a fee for parking?
- Yes. There are different rates at different stations.
What type of parking is available?
- Permit parking and meter parking are available. Click here to see available locations.
Is parking free at any time?
- Yes. Parking is free in all spaces on Saturdays, Sundays, and the following designated Metro-North Railroad holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
When does free parking start and end?
- Free parking begins 12:00am Saturday morning and ends 11:59pm Sunday evening.
When and where do you pay for parking?
- Meters are paid after you park your car and verified your space number. There are signs in the parking lot(s) that will direct you to the parking pay station(s) located near the platform. Alternatively, you can pay on the LAZ Parking app with your license plate number or at www.ppprk.com.
How long can you park at a meter space?
- Vehicles can be parked at a meter space between 1 and 31 days.
How do the meters work?
How do the lot attendants know that a parking space has been paid?
- Electronic Meters: The attendant obtains an enforcement report from the machine. Slot Boxes: The attendant checks the back panel for paid spaces.
Do you have to put the meter receipt in your car or give it to someone to exit the lot?
- No. It is for your own personal records.
Can the “No Metered Parking before 8:30am” spaces be used for long-term parking?
- Yes. However, the parking session can not be extended between 2:00am and 8:30am.
When parking long term, are weekends included in the number of days that should be entered into the meter?
- Yes. The electronic meter automatically deducts any “free days” from your charge.
What happens when there are no metered spaces available at a station?
- When there are no metered spaces available at a station, customers can call 1-888-682-PARK and speak to a customer service representative that will help them to determine a nearby location with available space for future trips. Customers are not permitted to park in a Permit space.
What is the penalty for not paying the meter?
- You will receive a parking notice.
What is the process for repayment on a meter refund slip?
- You should mail your refund slip to LAZ Parking LLC, PO Box 400, Crugers, NY 10521.
What is the process to obtain a refund if the meter gave no refund slip?
- You should call 1-888-682-PARK to obtain a refund. Please take a picture of your credit card statement reflecting the charge(s). The Audit Department will check the pay machines for overages and will return the funds if an overage is found.
Permit Parking Questions
Where can customers obtain parking permit applications?
- You can only apply online. Click here to find your station on the website.
What is the process for being placed on a waitlist if there are no parking permits available for purchase?
- After your application is approved, you will be notified if there are no parking permits available for purchase and placed on a waitlist in the order in which your application was received. You will be notified via email as soon as additional permits become available.
When do permits start?
- The first (1st) day of the month.
Why do permit applications require a copy of vehicle registration(s)?
- Vehicle registrations are required to verify that the vehicle information matches the information on the application.
Why do permit applications require all information to match?
- To ensure customer information as well as our records are accurate.
What is the procedure for changing the license plate on a permit?
- You must make the change online by logging into your account at www.rrpermits.rmcpay.com.
What if I need to use an alternate vehicle temporarily?
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your station, license plate number, color, make and model of vehicle, and length of time you need to use the alternate vehicle .
Are taxes included in the parking fees?
- Yes. State and local taxes are included in the parking fees.
Are there senior, military, handicapped or MTA/MNR discounts?
- There are no discounts at this time.
Parking Notice Questions
Who issues parking notices?
- Administrative Meter Enforcement Staff employed by LAZ Parking.
What will happen if a Parking Notice is not paid?
- The parking fine escalates if it is not paid before 14 days elapse. Furthermore, failure to pay the parking notice(s) will result in non-renewal of your parking permit and possible immobilization of your vehicle. Permit holders will not be able to make any changes to their permits until all outstanding notices or citations are resolved.
Where and how are Parking Notices disputed?
- An administrative adjudication process is utilized. You must email a picture or scan of the notice or citation along with any proof to support your dispute to email@example.com.
Why can’t Parking Notices be paid or disputed at the Poughkeepsie Office?
- For security reasons, parking notices are administered offsite.